Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Family Moments and Quotes.

I just realized that my side column titled Fun Family Moments and Quotes isn't working the way I had originally hoped. I have been posting on there and each post hides the one at the bottom with no way of readers being able to find them. So...with a desire to keep them within reading view I am going to copy and paste the ones from 2009 here in the main blog. They are all classic and shouldn't be forgotten.

January 25, 2009, Wesley (3) had his first kiss in front of the whole primary during sharing time today...Kelsie Sanders, right on the lips.

March 6, 2009, Wesley (3) "I have dancing feet today." and he danced the day away.

March 16, 2009, Sarinah (6) informed me today that it's the baby time of year so we need to pick up our new baby from the store (no, I'm not expecting)

April 29, 2009, Wesley (3) "I'm only eating treats today."

May 11, 2009, I'm so proud of Rebekah (8). She accompanied the family on the piano for the first time during FHE tonight.

July 2009, Rebekah (8) is going through a Chess phase...and she is pretty good at it.

August 1, 2009, Wesley (4) "Mom, I have two cooties."

Aug 5, 2009, Rebekah (8) poured liquid soap all over the bathroom floor so she could ice skate. Grrr!

Aug 24, 2009, First day of school- Sarinah woke up two hours early because she was so excited to start 2nd grade.

Aug 27, 2009, Briton (2) got the scare of his life at the pet store this afternoon when the foot and a half long "stuffed turtle" by his feet moved. I will never forget his scream of pure terror.

Aug 29, 2009, Wesley (4) "Mom, I'm going to be a dad then we'll have two dads. And everyday when I get home I'm going to have some chocolate."

Sept, 9, 2009, Wesley (4): "Mom, someday can I go into outer space?" Me: "Maybe you will someday, like an astronaut." Wesley: "How about Wednesday?"

Oct 21, 2009, Wesley bumped the table and bruised his ear. He has been going around telling everyone that his ear is broken.

Nov 2, 2009, Wesley (4): "Mom, what are we having for dinner?", Me: "Soup and Pigs in a Blanket", Wesley: "Okay, I'll get my blanket off my bed."

Nov 10, 2009, Rebekah and Sarinah got to do a duet in the school's Veteran's Day Choir Concert tonight. That's all they have talked about for two weeks. I must say they did a great job!!!

Dec 9, 2009 Rebekah made up new words to a familiar song and has been singing them all day long "If he's a jolly good fellow, if he's a jolly good fellow, if he's a jolly good fellow-then my name is John."

Dec 18, 2009 Family Holiday Traditions...We like to wrap some of the kids favorite snacks/drinks/cereal/crackers/etc and put them under the tree. They are just excited about those as the toys. This tradition started when we were poor newlyweds.

Dec 18, 2009 Family Holiday Tradition... We like to decorate our tree with thankful cards from things that have happened or we received during the previous year. It helps us remember the true meaning of Christmas.

Dec 19, 2009 Family Holiday Traditions... Family Holiday Traditions...Today I overheard Sarinah telling a friend about some of our family Christmas traditions. We can't forget the chocolate oranges, the family sock box, pistachios, Christmas Caroling, Breakfast casserole, etc.

Dec 29, 2009, New Game: "Are You Smarter Than a Third Grader?" The conversationwent like this...Me: "It's a Picasso". Rebekah: "Do you know who Picasso was, mom?" Me: "He was an artist." Rebekah: "Not just an artist!! He painted cubism." (I had to look it up on Wikipedia)

No comments: