I don't know about laundry at your house but laundry at our house for a week equals:
-at least 84 socks (ha, as if they only go through one pair each day)
-at least 42 pairs of under garments (same as above)
-at least 28 shirts, pants, pajama tops and bottoms, etc (see previous note)
-multiple towels, rags, wash clothes, sheets, etc
-and all the other stuff that makes its way into the laundry room.
First we begin by collecting, then sorting, washing, and drying. After that there is the endless folding, putting away, and any ironing. By the time this is all finished I'm back at square one. "Mom! I don't have anything to wear!"
grumble, grumble
Phyllis Diller was once quoted as saying (paraphrased) "Trying to clean your house before the kids are grown is like shoveling the walk before the snow stops." That goes for laundry as well!
1 comment:
Mt. Washmore at our house is my constant battle. I can relate and add about two dozen more loads and you will be living my life! As the kids get older, the clothes get bigger, and smellier and you can't fit as many items in the wash. But at least the clean laundry always smells good!
Post a Comment